Quick Links for Your Orange Heart
Seeing as I’ve been wrapped up in the Orgeron drama over the last few days, I thought I’d take a second during halftime of the Liberty Bowl to share a few other happenings involving Tennessee. Enjoy.
- Monte and Orgeron will be hitting the recruiting trail hard and fast, and it looks like Marlon Brown is #1 on the list.
- The Senior Bowl takes place on January 24, and three Tennessee players will be participating: defensive end Robert Ayers, running back Arian Foster and offensive lineman Anthony Parker. Here’s hoping they represent Tennessee well.
- The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee just got a little better. Peyton Manning was named the AP NFL MVP for the third time, joining Brett Favre as the only other player to accomplish this feat.
- No update would be complete without at least a little news on Orgeron. Supposedly, the New Orleans Saints are glad to see Orgeron go, as his interest in moving back to the college game began to become a distraction to Sean Payton and the rest of the team. Also, the guys over at MrSEC have the play-by-play on how Orgeron ended up a Vol, instead of a Tiger. It’s a must read.
- Congratulations are in order, as ex-Vol Jerod Mayo won the AP’s Defensive Rookie of the Year Award. He joins Jevon Kearse as the only other Vol player to win the award.
- David Reaves, fresh off joining his brother-in-law at UT, finds himself caught in the middle of an ongoing recruiting battle between Tennessee and his former employer, USC.
- For those who haven’t tuned in to ESPN over the past few days, you might be surprised to know that Tennessee’s former head coach is trying his hand as a studio analyst. And get this, he wore a blue tie.