The Super-Staff Is Complete
It’s been a long six weeks.
But it’s been worth the wait.
Behold, the super-staff:
- Head Coach: Lane Kiffin (Former HC of Oakland Raiders)
- Defensive Coordinator: Monte Kiffin (Former DC of Tampa Bay Bucs)
- Offensive Coordinator: Jim Chaney (Former TE/OL Coach of St. Louis Rams)
- Defensive Line Coach/Assistant Head Coach: Ed Orgeron (Former DL Coach of New Orleans Saints)
- Quarterbacks Coach: David Reaves (Former QB Coach of SC Gamecocks)
- Running Backs Coach: Eddie Gran (Former RB Coach of Auburn Tigers)
- Linebackers Coach: Lance Thompson (Former OLB Coach of Crimson Tide)
- Tight Ends Coach: James Cregg (Former Asst. OL Coach of Oakland Raiders)
- Wide Receivers Coach: Frank Wilson (Former RB Coach of MS State Bulldogs)
- Defensive Backs Coach: Willie Mack Garza (Former DC of North Dakota State Bisons)
Volquest’s Brent Hubbs and John Bryce along with the Knoxville News Sentinel are reporting that Kiffin has complete his staff with the hiring of Frank Wilson and Willie Mack Garza.
Frank Wilson joins Tennessee’s staff after just recently agreeing to become a part of Dan Mullen’s new staff at Mississippi State. Last season, Wilson was the running backs coach and recruiting coordinator for Southern Miss. Before that, Wilson coached running backs and special teams at Ole Miss while Ed Orgeron was head coach.
Willie Mack Garza will join the Tennessee staff after being defensive coordinator and secondary coach at North Dakota State for the last four seasons. The biggest selling point for Lane Kiffin was probably Garza’s ability to recruit his native state of Texas.
Both coaches also bring Tennessee its first two minority coaches, something the staff was in dire need of after losing out on Rod Garner, Ron Middleton, and Trooper Taylor.