Quick Links to Start Your Week
In celebration of Martin Luther King Day, here are some links to what’s happening around Volnation:
- After a rough stretch of games for the Ballunteers, it doesn’t get any easier. The Vols now head to Nashville to take on a Vanderbilt team that Coach Pearl says will play strong and physical.
- Staying with the theme of the Tennessee basketball team’s struggles, they fell out of the top 25 for the first time in over two years.
- Marlon Brown, Tennessee’s top priority for this class, paid a visit to Ole Miss this past weekend. And he says the Rebels are still in it.
- Former Tennessee wide receiver Josh Briscoe spoke out about the atrocious Tennessee offense this past season, saying that coaches told him and the other players to give it time, and that the offense would improve dramatically in its second year. Unfortunately, we never made it long enough to find out.
- For those of you wishing to see the Vols in action as early as possible, the details on this spring’s Orange and White game have been announced.
- The fellas over at SECjunky have been handing out their grades on each of the twelve SEC teams’ 2008 season over the past week or so. Tennessee’s grade came in today: F-.
- Maybe Lane Kiffin’s time in Oakland was of some value: It taught him how to raid other SEC staffs. And the new head coach is revelling in it.