Quick Links to Start Your Week
Here’s a weekend roundup of what’s happening in Big Orange Country:
- It looks like former Vol commit David Oku, who must consider himself the next Terrelle Pryor with the way he’s been acting, has informed the Knoxville News Sentinel that he still isn’t close to making a decision almost two weeks after signing day. Not only that, but it appears Oku’s list might be growing larger, not smaller. Strange for someone who was so “fed up” with the recruiting process.
- David Blackburn is taking over the reigns of UT’s football operations. According to Coach Kiffin, adding Blackburn, “is definitely one of the most significant hires we have made on our staff.” David Blackburn has been a part of UT since his undergraduate days, working under both Coach Fulmer and Coach Majors.
- In 2010, UT needs a quarterback (among other things, ahem, offensive lineman). The recruiting monster (see: Tennessee’s staff) isn’t wasting any time either, having already had two big name QBs on campus (Jake Heaps, Nick Montana). But the Vols aren’t the only team going strong after these kids.
- Moving back into the present, Kiffin & Co. still find themselves going hard after a few of the remaining 2009 prospects who have yet to sign their letter of intent. One of them, Bryce Brown (the nation’s top recruit according to Rivals) was in Knoxville this past weekend. And by golly, he liked us. He really liked us.
- Just in case, maybe we should get Brown to talk to one of our newest additions, LB Nigel Mitchell-Thornton, who sat down with the Atlanta Journal Constitution’s Michael Carvell to tell him what his first thoughts were on playing under new head coach Lane Kiffin.
- Lastly, check out how Paul Finebaum (I know, everybody’s favorite columnist) sees the SEC meetings in Destin, Fla. unfolding. It’s not exactly Shakespeare, but it’ll sure piss off some SEC fans.
*Photo courtesy of Tom Hauck over at ESPN.com*